We need your help to maintain safety and security for our students during arrival and dismissal at
- Do not arrive before 9:15 a.m., as we do not have supervision prior to that.
- You may not enter the building prior to 9:15. If you arrive between 9:15 and 9:20 a.m., you must report to the gym.
- Your best bet is to get here between 9:20 and 9:30 a.m. That way you can gostraight to the classroom!
PARENTS – if you are dropping-off your student in the morning, please do not drop off prior to 9:15 a.m. You must go through the student drop-off lane or park and walk your child into the building.
- We will dismiss all walkers at 3:50 p.m. You will exit through the gym doors and head home.
- Please stay on the sidewalks!
- Student drop-off will
begin at 9:10 a.m. **Students are NOT permitted in the building prior to
9:10 a.m. without parent supervision.
- We will have DUAL LANES waiting to enter the drop-off zone
(see map on reverse page.)
- Cars will be directed to enter the drop-off zone and all cars in the zone will be unloaded at once.
- Please have students ready to unload with all belongings prior to the
drop-off zone. (See helpful hints.)
- Unless you are walking your child into the building, you MUST use the
drop-off line. If you choose to park, you must walk your child into the building.
- Once your child has been dropped off, please proceed immediately to the exit.
- Please display your assigned number card on the passenger side dashboard.
- All car riders will report to the black-top area for dismissal at 3:55 p.m. (note time change)
- There will be a dual line waiting to enter the drop-off zone (see map.)
- A group of car rider numbers will be called and students will step to the pick-up line.
- IMPORTANT – If your student is not at the pick-up line, you will be asked to PARK and come inside to get your child. We must keep the line moving.
- Unless you are parking and coming into the building to pick-up your child, you must use the pick-up line. At no time will a child be dismissed to walk to a car in the lot by themselves.
- When exiting the parking lot you will ONLY be able to make a right turn. You will follow the round-about to proceed left.
PARENTS - if you occasionally need to pick-up your walker at dismissal, please do the following:
- Call the office by 3:30 p.m.
- Come into the building to sign-out your child.
If you are picking-up your child on a regular basis, please do the following:
- You must fill out an Automatic Dismissal form included in the first day packet.
- You must come into the office and sign out your child until the Automatic Dismissal Procedures are in place.
Helpful Hints to Keep the Line Moving Safely
- No talking or texting on cell phones while in the school lot.
- Say your goodbyes prior to the drop-off point.
- On rainy days, rain ponchos are a safer choice than umbrellas.
- At NO TIME should ANY child walk across the parking lot by themselves.
- When at all possible, please place car seats on the driver’s side so other students may exit the vehicle quickly.
- Please keep eyes ahead while exiting the drop off area, rather than watching your child enter the building.
- It is imperative that all drivers
plan for delays and traffic congestion the first several days. As
everyone learns the new traffic patterns, delays will decrease in
- Please be conscious of and
courteous to our staff in parking/drop zones. They are there to assist
with traffic flow and need everyone’s cooperation for the SAFETY OF OUR STUDENTS.